Accounting Clerk/Accounts Receivable
Job Site Services (JSS) is seeking an Accounting Clerk/Accounts Receivable for its Bay City, Michigan office. Candidate would report directly to the Controller for outlined financial responsibilities, administrative responsibilities, and special assignments.
JSS is an employee-oriented company, offering competitive pay and benefits, including paid holidays, vacation, health insurance, disability, 401K, and more!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Controller with tasks that relate to overall the company financial operations
- Support the Controller with day-to-day operational issues
- Deliver high-level timely information for decisions
- Provide support for other accounting staff and project managers.
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
Organizational Skills / Prioritization
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule assignments based on assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently and effectively with little supervision.
- Manages time effectively prioritizes assignments and completes assignments within stated deadlines & schedules.
- Meeting productivity goals and utilizing your time wisely and efficiently to maintain company productivity.
- Primary Duties
a. Manage company credit card balances, limits, and cards issued.
b. New employee set-up in accounting system.
c. Assist with payroll, payroll taxes, and data input necessary to facilitate bi-weekly company payroll.
d. Assist with invoice preparation, where necessary.
e. Accounts Receivable (payment receipt/processing, preparation of statements, collections).
f. Support aspects of accounting management tasks.
g. Participate in preparation for the annual audit.
h. Assist in special projects as necessary
- Administrative Duties
a. Provide support to Division Admins, as needed.
b. Assist with development and implementation of internal policies and procedures for financial functions.
c. Assist in the evaluation process of office personnel and project managers.
- Project Duties
a. Provide estimation support to project managers as requested.
b. Provide financial data to project managers as needed.
Salary/ Job Information
- This is an hourly position.
- Work is generally performed in the JSS Bay City office; however occasional work outside of the office may be required.
- Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Overtime and weekend work may be required from time to time.
- Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Full-time with full benefits
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off