Office Manager and Human Resource Manager
Job Site Services, Inc. (JSS) is hiring an Office Manager/Human Resource Manager at our Corporate location in the Bay City Michigan area. JSS is a leading provider of environmental remediation services in the Great Lakes Region, experiencing substantial growth since its inception in 1999.
Scope of Position
The Office Manager/Human Resource (HR) Manager will ensure that all Office and HR operations are effectively carried out at all our various office locations. The Office/HR Manager will be responsible for developing strategies and implementation of policies that attract and retain a superior workforce while maintaining and advancing our excellent workplace culture. Additional responsibilities include supporting our Estimating, Marketing, Health & Safety, and Business Development departments.
Work is generally performed in the JSS office; however, occasional work outside of the office may be required. Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 5:30 pm on Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Daily Coordination of Office Administration Staff
- Office Service Contracts and Vendor Relationships
- Assure Client Satisfaction
- Inventory Management
- Maintain Professional Standards and Office Appearance Facility Operations
- Motivate Staff and Maintain Positive Culture
Human Resource Management
- Onboarding, new hire paperwork, background, MVR checks, etc.
- Benefit Open Enrollment – Annual
- Manage New Hire/Termination Benefits- Assist Shawn with invoicing issues. FSA Enrollment – Annual
- ACA Reporting – Annual
- Recruiting and placement of employment ads
- Manage Applications/Interviews/Offers
- Manage Employee Files
- Manage FMLA Requests
- Manage Short Term Disability, Life Insurance Claims
- Assist with performance evaluations
- Communicate with company attorney on legal matters
- Manage employee termination documentation/ cancel benefits etc.
Additional Supportive Tasks
- Estimating Support
- Business Development Support
- Manage Sales and Marketing Software (Act) Health & Safety Support
- Event Planning
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field OR 7+ years of progressive HR experience
- Expertise in recruitment, FMLA, benefits administration, and employee relations
- Self-starter with good work ethic and ability to work independently
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Very experienced in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
Salary/ Job Information
- This is a salary position
- Typical work schedule is between 45 and 50 hours per week.
- Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Full-time with full benefits
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off