Signing Bonus Available – Training Provided
Job Site Services (JSS) is seeking a Project Manager to join our Remediation System Construction team of our expanding company. JSS has expanded operations, with openings in multiple locations. We are seeking candidates for our Bay City and West Michigan locations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Project Manager with specific experience in Remediation System Construction/Operation & Maintenance (Pump and Treat, Soil Vapor Extraction, Air Strippers, and new technologies.
Work is generally performed in a combination of both the field and office. Normal working hours are 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work is required. Work may be performed at client job sites which may require travel and out of town overnight stays. The Project Manager must be available at hours required to manage project needs, outside normal working hours.
- Project Management, estimating, cost tracking, and scheduling of multiple projects (specific to remediation system construction and operation)
- Budget analysis involving project budgets and profit and loss cost tracking
- Client correspondence and communications
- Request, review and evaluate subcontractor/supplier quotes
- Health and Safety
- Bid preparation (scope evaluation, risk mitigation, design analysis, and qualifications)
- Contract and specification analysis/review
- Job preparation and management
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- BS Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or Environmental Sciences.
- Experience should include minimum of 5 to 10 years of project management in civil, industrial, commercial, or environmental construction. Specific experience in remediation system install, design, and operation a must.
- Knowledge of obtaining take off quantities for excavation, trenching, piping, site work, concrete, plumbing, demolition, remediation systems, UST removals, earth work, and other trades.
- Experience with computer programs associated with estimating, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Experience in reading and interpretation of contract documents including but not limited to prints, project manuals/specifications, and contracts.
- Experience in submittal process and documentation.
- Experience in identifying and preparation of change orders.
- Experience with job specific tools and heavy equipment.
- Experience in self-performing work for a specific or multiple trades a plus.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol testing, as well as random testing
- Must pass background investigation
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time infrequently
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold) infrequently
- Ability to climb infrequently
Salary/ Job Information
- This is a salary position
- Typical work schedule is between 45 and 50 hours per week.
- Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Full-time with full benefits
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off