Scope of Position
Job Site Services is seeking a Sales Representative to meet or exceed sales objectives through prescribed and innovative sales techniques; you will develop existing customer relationships and cultivate new account opportunities. Job Site Services has an immediate career opportunity for a Sales Representative with responsibility throughout Michigan and the Mid-West region.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Assist with online presence (website and social media).
- Identify profitable new opportunities from leads provided by our Project Managers, current customers, trade publications, state associations, internet/newspaper/journal articles, or cold calling.
- Serve as interface between customers and company to ensure that customer needs are met and issues are promptly resolved.
- Assist with preparation of sales plans and forecasts; monitor and track sales plan to ensure sales quota is met or exceeded.
- Maintain current database with our marketing software, while providing accurate sales reporting, as required.
- Develop extensive working relationships with customers, as well as other departments, in order to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Gather pertinent information on market conditions and competition in geographical territory and research specifications in order to make informed decisions in preparing bid packages and strategic initiatives.
- Attain sales goals for territory.
- Develop and update monthly sales demand within the territory based on customers’ estimated requirements.
- Keep informed of new products/services and other information of interest to customers; participate in trade association meetings and conventions.
- Daily local travel is required. Limited overnight travel may be required (<20%) for customer visits, vendor visits, or training.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field, preferred.
- Self-starter with good work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Adaptability to change.
- Proven ability to prospect, negotiate and close deals
- Strong time management and organizational skills to ensure focus on value-added sales activities
- Strong customer-orientation; prompt issue resolution/follow-through abilities.
- Strong computer skills (MS Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)