Job Site Services (JSS) continues to broaden our base of customer focused services by expanding our oil and gas support capabilities through the addition of Secondary Containment Company, L.C. (SCC). JSS and SCC share the core values of providing outstanding customer service and quality work product with a “safety first” culture.
In addition to the expanded oil and gas support capabilities, our new location in Luray, Kansas will make it easier for JSS to serve and support our broad group of customers across the Great Plains and the greater United States.
With the addition of SCC’s 25 years of primary and secondary containment service, JSS has the experience and resources to support all of our customers’ membrane, liner, barrier and coating projects.
As with any project, JSS will use materials specified by our clients for liner and coating work.
For certain liner applications, particularly secondary containment and environmental vapor barriers, we recommend a two-part elastomeric polymer called polyurea. Polyurea is a state of the art, high performance elastomeric membrane. This spray-applied seamless membrane system exhibits extraordinary performance characteristics. It provides a flexible, tough, chemically resistant monolithic membrane for a wide range of applications. Polyurea has a very low perm rating (ASTM E-96 0.02 perm) and contains zero VOC’s, making it safe to apply in almost all situations.
Advantages of Polyurea
- Zero VOCs
- 100% solid
- Low perm rating
- Application at -20F to +300F
- Seamless and flexible
- Elongation up to 500%
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Tensile strength up to 2,500 psi
- Tear strength up to 300 psi
- Resistant to many chemicals (petroleum and chlorinated VOCs, acids, caustics)
- Minimal to no effect on application due to damp or cold surfaces
- Almost instant gel time (15-25 seconds)
- Fast curing (can be walked on in less than one minute)
- Achieve desired thickness in one application
Applications for Polyurea
- Secondary containment – initial installation, repair, and lining
- Vapor intrusion barriers
- Primary containment / Tank lining
- Water / Wastewater pads, pits and piping
- Brownfield liners
- Infrastructure protection
- Bridge decks
- Railroad trestles
- Cooling water pits / Air handlers
- Lagoons and ponds
Please contact us to discuss specific needs or learn more about our Secondary Containment services.