Drillers and Driller’s Assistants
SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE – TRAINING PROVIDED!
Job Site Services, Inc. (JSS) is seeking Environmental and Geotech Drillers and Driller’s Assistants to join our expanding company. We are seeking Drillers / Drillers Assistants to operate a Geoprobe® and Drill Rigs based out of our Bay City and Grand Rapids Michigan locations.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs various drilling activities to collect boring samples
- Soil drilling, rock coring, sampling, classifications, in-situ testing, and monitoring well installation
- Investigates sub surface conditions
- Recognizes and identifies soil and rock types and material classifications
- Operates drilling equipment at shallow to moderate depths
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Operate equipment and perform work safely
- Identifies and locates utilities and other site safety concerns
- Responsible for drill rig transportation
- Trains and directs Driller’s Assistants (as applicable)
- Communicates with project teams
- Maintains record log of drilling activities
- Identifies and coordinates daily work schedules at job site
- Assists with the location of boring locations
- Retrieves and logs samples
- Cleans and maintains equipment
- Performs site clean-up
- Must be aware of and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work Qualifications
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- H.S. education or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of experience (Driller & Geoprobe Operator only)
- Basic physical and mechanical aptitude
- May require state or local drilling license (Driller & Geoprobe Operator only)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Requires basic math skills
- Ability to receive work instructions and follow tasks
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Travel up to 75%
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL preferred
- Must pass motor vehicle record and background investigation, pre-employment physical, and drug/alcohol screening and random drug/alcohol screening.
- Occasional use of respirators, protective suits, and other personal protective equipment may be required.
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull up to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
Salary / Job Information
- This is an hourly position with overtime.
- The typical work schedule is between 30 and 50 hours per week.
- Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Full-time with full benefits.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off