Heavy Equipment Operators
Signing Bonus Available – Training Provided!
Job Site Services (JSS) is seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to join our expanding company. JSS has expanded operations, with openings in multiple locations. We are seeking candidates for our locations in Bay City and Grand Rapids, MI.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Skilled at heavy equipment operation: Excavation (300/400 series), Dozer (D4/D5), Loader, various small equipment
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Operate equipment and perform work safely
- Identifies and locates utilities and other site safety concerns
- Ability to transport equipment
- Communicates with project teams
- Identifies and coordinates daily work schedules at job site
- Cleans and maintains equipment
- Performs site clean-up
- Must be aware of and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- H.S. education or equivalent, preferred
- 5+ years of experience (Heavy Equipment Operation)
- Basic physical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Requires basic math skills
- Ability to receive work instructions and follow tasks
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Travel up to 75%
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL preferred
- Must pass motor vehicle record and background investigations, pre-employment and DOT physical, drug/alcohol screening, and random drug/alcohol testing.
- Occasional use of respirators, protective suits, and other personal protective equipment may be required.
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull up to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb
Salary/ Job Information
- This is an hourly position with overtime
- Typical work schedule is between 40 and 50 hours per week. Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Full-time with full benefits
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off